Friday, July 30, 2021

Looking up

I saw something today I've never seen before: five airplanes flying west to east in close, tight formation ... skywriting.  I happened to be sitting outside on a bench in the courtyard of the MarMain Arms for no particular reason other than it was a lovely morning of blue sky, sunshine, cool temperature and low humidity.  I don't know why I looked up when I did.  There was no sound from the sky.  I don't know the altitude of the planes.  The perfection of the formation and the elegant precision of the smoke bursts held me.  I couldn't see the entire message -- from where I sat, the letters were upside down and backwards, and the first and last words were obscured by the west and east wings of the building.  I heard later it was actually an advertisement for Geico.  To the best of my knowledge no geckos were harmed in the making of the aerial commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment